In our recent post, it was noted that the position of Chef has been added to the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) as of 1 July 2014.
Are you a chef and are looking to work in Australia, or even migrate here permanently?
Do you have relevant qualifications, years of experience in this industry, and/or an employer who may be willing to sponsor your visa application?
If so, speak to our Migration Team today!
You may be eligible to apply for an Australian visa under a number of categories:
Skilled Independent visa (subclass 189)
- This is a permanent visa based on your skills. If you meet the points-test and have competent English, you may be eligible for this visa.
Skilled Nominated visa (subclass 190)
- This is a permanent visa based on your skills and a nomination from an Australian state or territory.
- If you meet the points-test, have competent English and are nominated by a state or territory government – you may be eligible.
- Each state/territory has their own skilled list and requirements for sponsorship, so you will need to check these before preparing your application.
Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457)
- If you are skilled worker, have an approved sponsor and meet other criteria including English and skills, you may be eligible.
Employer Nomination Scheme (subclass 186)
- This is a permanent visa and requires you to have a permanent employment opportunity.
- This is for you if you are skilled worker, have an approved sponsor, are eligible in one of three streams: (i) the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (Subclass 457); or (ii) the Direct Entry Stream; or (iii) the Agreement Stream and meet other criteria.
Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme visa (subclass 187)
- This is a permanent visa based on employment in a regional area. You will need to commit at least 2 years to your nominating employer.
- This is for you if you are skilled worker, have an approved sponsor in a regional area of Australia, and are eligible in one of three streams: (i) the Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (Subclass 457); or (ii) the Direct Entry Stream; or (iii) the Agreement Stream and meet other criteria
You may be required to undertake a Skills Assessment from the relevant Skills Assessment Authority depending on the nominated occupations and the nominated countries.
Do not delay. Let us help you start off your Australian journey now!
If you have any questions regarding Australian visas or would like to begin your visa application, please contact us today.