The Australian Government has today announced changes to the Employer Sponsored visa program to come into effect 01 July 2012. There are 6 important changes for the Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (RSMS) and these are:
- there will only be 2 subclasses instead of the current 6 subclasses
- there will no longer be a distinction between on-shore and off-shore applications
- the age limit has been raised to 50 years
- the prospective migrant will be paid the “market rate”
- the IELTS score has been raised
- one consolidated sponsored occupation list will be introduced to replace the 457 occupation list, the Employer Nomination Skilled Occupation List and the State and Territory Sponsored Occupation List
From the 2 subclasses – Employer Nomination (Class EN – subclass 186) and Regional Employer Nomination (Class RN – subclass 187) there will be 3 streams and these are:-
The Direct Entry stream
For those applicants who have not held a subclass 457 visa and are applying directly from outside Australia – will need IELTS 6 unless they are holders of UK/Irish/USA/Canadian/New Zealand passports
The Temporary Residence Transition stream
For subclass 457 holders who have worked for their employer for at least the last 2 years and the employer wants to offer them a permanent position in the same occupation – will need IELTS 5 unless they are holders of UK/Irish/USA/Canadian/New Zealand passports.
The Agreement stream is for applicants who are being sponsored by an employer through a highly scrutinised and negotiated labour agreement or regional migration agreement.
More information to follow soon! If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Our team of Registered Migration Agents and Immigration Lawyers can assist you with your visa application or advise on the best options of immigration for you with regards to the Employer Nomination Scheme and Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme. We have helped thousands of migrants with Employer-Sponsored Visas and look forward to assisting you in the near future.