As per our blog on 11 June 2014, July 1 has seen some changes to both the Skilled Occupation List (SOL) and the Consolidated Sponsored Occupation List (CSOL).
You’ll need to check the new SOL if you’re looking at lodging any of the following visas:
- Independent points-based skilled migration who are not nominated by a state or territory government – subclass 189
- Family Sponsored Points Tested visa – subclass 489
- Temporary Graduate visa – Graduate Work stream – subclass 485
The following occupations were added as of July 1:
- Chef (Australian and New Zealand Standard Classification of Occupations (ANZSCO) 351311)
- Bricklayer (ANZSCO 331111)
- Wall and Floor Tiler (ANZSCO 333411)
There were no occupations taken off the SOL.
The CSOL was also updated – you’ll need to check the list if you’re going to lodge an application for:
- State or Territory Government Nomination – subclass 190/489
- Direct entry Employer Nomination Scheme visa – subclass 186
- Temporary Work (Skilled) visa – subclass 457
- Training and Research Visa – subclass 402
The following occupations were added to the CSOL:
- Hydrogeologist (ANZSCO 234413)
- Exercise Physiologist (ANZSCO 234915)
If you would like an assessment of your visa options for more information about the SOL or CSOL, please contact a member or our migration team.